The training will provide education on how to support breastfeeding families and create a breastfeeding supportive environment. Participants will learn how to properly handle, store and prepare breast milk, as well as learn the benefits of breastfeeding and helpful information on infant feedings.
- To understand the importance of breastfeeding and the benefits of breast milk.
- To utilize strategies to create a breastfeeding supportive child care environment.
- To identify infant feeding cues.
- To describe proper handling, storage, and preparation of breast milk.
- Hours/Credits/CEUs: 1.5 Hours
- Tier: Registered—Not for Career Pathways Placement
- Course Type: Approved Clock Hours
- Applies Toward: General Course
- Core Competency Areas: Health, Safety, and Nutrition
- CDA Subject Areas: Planning a safe, healthy learning environment
Who is this Course For?
- Directors of child care facilities
- Center staff of childcare facilities
- Family/Group who care for children
- Infant or toddler child care providers
What Ages are Addressed in this Course?
- Infants (0–18 months)
- Toddlers (19–36 months)
Need Help? Contact Us.
Phone: (701) 476-6677
- Introduction to this Course
- Child Care Professionals Play an Important Role
- Benefits of Breastfeeding
- Basics of Breast Milk
- Benefits of Breastfeeding and Breastfeeding Basics
- Feeding Babies
- Identify the Hunger Cues Quick Review
- The Feeding Plan
- Download: Feeding Plan + Breastfeeding ND Toolkit PDF
- Feeding Amount
- Growth Spurts
- Paced Bottle Feeding
- Demonstration of Paced Bottle Feeding
- Benefits of Paced Bottle Feeding
- Feeding an Older Baby
- Additional Foods
- Feeding Babies Quick Review
- Receiving and Storing Breast Milk
- Breast Milk Storage Guidelines Chart
- Preparing Breast Milk
- Receiving, Storing, and Preparing Breast Milk Quick Review
- Being Breastfeeding-Friendly
- Become an Infant-Friendly Designated Business
- Additional Resources
- Breastfeeding ND Toolkit
- Breastfeeding-Friendly/Infant-Friendly Quick Review
- Reflection and Final Word
- Course Complete!